Tuesday, June 21, 2011

As I set my Office on Linux Syndicate content

As I set my Office on Linux Syndicate content Video Clips. Duration : 30.53 Mins.


How I converted my office to Linux by Syndicate content This is a recording of Tim & Mick OSGUI Melbourne Linux Users Group (Syndicate content) boys August 25, 2010 in North Melbourne Office Computer Bank shot. More information about this session, workshops and meetings Syndicate content is available at: www.mlug.org.au background for a long time I used Linux at home and work. I use Linux for my TV, notebook, Development (Work and hobbies), electronics and thin clients. I worked with thin clients about 4 years agostart from scratch with FreeBSD. I am a programmer at heart, and even if I run a lot of work I do my best to minimize this with the use of technology whether it be hardware, software or scripts. What we have had with noisy mix of large desktop with Windows XP 24port 100Mbps switch 6 employees, with the requirements for the 10 desktops (screens, boardroom, casual workers, and test computer) safety net I had a lot of networks security, like me, the migration began: - Backup - The transition between the oldHD & PXE Boot - Virtualization of the old system - Slow gradual migration - Clone drive before upgrading the technology that helped me - SSD - Ruby - Atom motherboards - LTSP Project - CrossOver Linux - VirtualBox OSE (Open Source Edition) How did I - Installed Open Source applications for Windows XP (OpenOffice, Firefox, Thunderbird) - Central Service for data on a server with Samba - CUPS print server with CrossOver Linux Central isolate applications that can not be replaced by open...

Tags: MLUG, Melbourne Linux Users Group, LUG, Linux Users Group, Linux, converting, crossover office, computer bank, ubuntu, gnu, office, open source, desktop, microsoft, windows, laptops, notebook, computers, diy

peak jump starter ceramic tile bathroom floor lp gas smokers

No comments:

Post a Comment